We believe that the Pre-Release Program The Reentry Initiative provides will lay the foundation for successful reentry into our community. The skills our women gain will help them to navigate their transition to self-sufficiency.
6 Month Pre–Release Program at Denver Women’s Correctional Facility (DWCF)
- A 6 month, University of Cincinnati Corrections Institute-Cognitive Behavioral Intervention (UCCI-CBI) program delivered by The Reentry Initiative.
- Inmates attend classes 2 hours twice a week.
- Inmates will be offered case management in conjunction with their DWCF Case Manager and a transition plan to prepare for release.
Post-Release Transitional Services (Denver Metro Area)
- Clients will receive individualized Transition Plans prior to release from DWCF.
- Clients will receive a Welcome Backpack.
- TRI will ensure the Client wil meet with Parole Officer.
- TRI will offer the Client a Mentor for a year post release.
- TRI will offer ongoing case management services at the Client’s request up to 1 year post release (six months – one year).
Post-Release TRI Transitional House (Boulder County/Longmont)
TRI offers a transitional housing program from six months to one year upon release from incarceration. While in TRI’s transitional housing, clients will receive:
- a carefully created individualized success plan.
- a Welcome Backpack.
- transportation from release to Parole office to TRI’s Housing.
- outpatient mental health/substance use classes through community mental health centers.
- a TRI provided mentor.
- access to aid in finding employment.
- case management support.
- Medical/mental health consultation.
- Aid in successfully complying with Parole requirements.