Pre-Release Support Increases Success Rate Upon Reentry
The United States incarcerates more people than any other country and Colorado is 23rd in the US with a rate of 356 per 100,000 people sentenced to a year or more behind bars in 2016. Colorado’s challenge continues with a high recidivism rate of 50% as compared to a 37% national rate.
Reducing recidivism for the women coming out of Denver Women’s Corrections Facility (DWCF) begins with TRI’s Pre-Release program, TRIumph.
Twice a year, TRI selects 12-13 women at the facility to participate in TRIumph which includes:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy based on The University of Cincinnati Research Institute curriculum and delivered twice weekly by Reentry Initiative trainers and staff who are UCCI-CBI certified.
- Individual Transition Planning to help our women develop their individual parole plan.
- Individual Therapeutic Sessions which integrates somatic resourcing, mindfulness, trauma psychoeducation, along with general processing and coping skills practice.
- Additional Workshops that focus on life skills, resume building, mock interviews, trauma informed yoga and resource education.
- Post Release Transition Services providing inside to outside care to support the transition back into the community.