Therapist Longmont Job Description
Job Title: Wellness Center Clinical Therapist/Wellness Coach (Longmont). Full Time
Work Location: Hybrid.
- TRI’s Longmont Office located at 402 Kimbark Street, Longmont, Colorado
- Remote as determined by caseload and management discretion. Remote, must have access to Internet, copier/scanner, ability to communicate as needed or required with supervisor and Executive Director
Supervised By: Program Manager/Executive Director
Starting Pay Range: $50,000 – $70,000 annually depending on experience and licensure.
Hours of Work: The Wellness Center Clinical Therapist will work within the hours available to reach staff of Longmont Parole and Probation, Department of Corrections, Boulder County agencies, and the individuals enrolled in TRI’s Wellness Center. TRI’s office in Longmont is available on Mondays through Fridays during normal business hours, 9 am – 5 pm. Some nights and weekends may be required to meet the job duties and will be determined between clients, the case manager and supervisor. TRI’s Executive Director may also determine administrative work tasks to be done remotely.
Overall Organization: TRI is a 7-year-old nonprofit organization which provides wrap-around support services to criminally justice involved adults in Boulder County and surrounding areas who referred to our Wellness Center in Longmont. TRI offers post-release trauma responsive programming, mental and behavioral healthcare and case management to eligible members returning into the community. TRI has strong community partnerships and a volunteer/mentor program which help to facilitate our mission. TRI has grown quickly since its start to meet the demands for professional support required by the men and women we serve.
General Statement of Duties: TRI’s Wellness Center provides an array of therapeutic services including Individual Therapeutic Services (Somatic Resourcing, mindfulness training, trauma psychoeducation, general processing and coping skill practice, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mental health evaluation, substance use disorder assessment) Group Treatment Services (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Relapse Prevention, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Trauma Recovery, Anger Management, Domestic Violence, Couples/Family Therapy) and Coordinated Therapeutic Care. TRI’s clinical team offers member’s coordination of care between community agencies who assist members with services in mental health, substance abuse, medical assistance treatment, UA’s and ongoing drug testing. TRI’s goal is to streamline as many services as possible to ensure our members are successful on parole.
This person is responsible for providing therapeutic services, and related activities under the supervision of the Program Manager and Executive Manager. This individual will provide daily and weekly mental health and substance abuse individual and group services to members of TRI. They will be responsible for coordinating with Parole/Probation, Community Reentry agencies, Office of Behavioral Health/Medicaid (CCHA) and appropriate Boulder County agencies to promote and assist our members mental health needs.
This position requires flexible hours, organization, some travel, communication and teamwork skills. At times this position requires attendance at TRI fundraising, volunteer/mentor training, and celebrations outside normal business hours. This position offers the ability to work remotely when approved by the Program manager and/or Executive Director.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Meet with service providers to coordinate referrals, level of care and treatment planning of current members of TRI program.
- Conduct weekly individual/group sessions with members referred to Wellness Center.
- Regularly collaborate with agency partners on clinical care and treatment.
- Assist Program Manager with coordination of program, track progress and engage in ongoing coaching, training and development as directed by the Program Manager or Executive Director.
- Identify and participate in professional development activities and meetings when needed to maintain a working knowledge of interventions available to assist the populations TRI serves.
- Enter all relevant therapeutic information into the Theranest database for tracking and analysis for continued development.
- Make decisions regarding members’ services, level of care, treatment needs, on a daily/weekly basis and complete clinical case management related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- When prompted, identify and report on unmet needs, challenges of the programs, issues with members, interns, staff.
- Represent and maintain positive working relationships with groups and individuals interacting with TRI.
- Schedule meetings/phone calls and weekly supervision with Program Manager/Executive Director and attend weekly clinical group supervision.
- Help support occasional evening and weekend events for TRI.
Required Qualifications: An individual who holds a master’s degree in social work or counseling and/or advanced licensure (LPC, LCSW, LAC, CAS, CAC) in Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Somatic and/or Trauma Counseling field. 4 plus years’ experience working within the criminal justice system, with vulnerable populations and individuals, LGBTQ, and co-occurring and/or dual diagnosis disorders. Strong understanding of Trauma Informed Care, Mental Health First Aid, Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, and advanced working knowledge of evidence based mental health interventions.
Ability to learn and utilize software programs, MS Word, Excel, Theranest Database, Dropbox, and other secure database systems implemented. Professional level oral and written skills, strong communication skills, ability to stay on task and has a high level of organization and program management skills and experience. Bi-lingual abilities preferred but not required.
To apply: please send a cover letter and professional resume outlining your experience as it relates to the qualifications and requirements of the position to Emily@reentryinitiative.org
Add your Comment