You can elect to become a TRI volunteer in direct service with our current clients or in an operational capacity.
Direct client service includes:
- Mentoring (both inside and outside the prison)
- Educational coaching (i.e. financial budgeting, cooking, exercise, etc.).
Operational service opportunities include:
- Data entry
- Event and Fundraising support
- Community presenter to promote TRI
The benefits of volunteering with TRI include:
- Free training: Volunteers train in cognitive behavioral intervention, understanding criminal thinking and strengths-based approaches to helping our participants create new lives. Mentors also receive specialized training, monthly coaching and support from TRI clinical professional staff.
- Personal Fulfillment and Social Connection: Volunteers join with like-minded community members, helping to create a team of open and affirming friendships that support returning citizens and warm the hearts of our volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the form below and a TRI staff will contact you.